Still got The Derailers on my mind, in my ears, and out my speakers! What else is in there, you ask? Well, you didn’t ask, but since I told the woman from the paper today that the main thing I like about blogging is that I don’t have to get anybody else’s permission to write what I think, I can put it down here if I want to! So there!
- Cowboys – not shepherds – as a great metaphor for biblical leadership. This thought has been on my mind since dark and early this morning when I read an article in National Geographic about modern cowboys.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson’s Self-Reliance.
- Enough wintry mix already!
- What if I could find a group of worship guys (and gals) who sound like The Derailers, Two Tons of Steel, Andy’s Automatics, BR549, or Moot Davis? (And how cool would it be to have a worship leader named “Moot”?)
- Maybe that bunch would include a great girl steel player like Cindy Cashdollar! (And how cool would it be to have a worship leader named “Cashdollar”?)
- CPR might save somebody’s life, but an all-day class in it will make you sleepy!
- Nutrition and Bible study: Too much of a good thing make you fat?
- Dido’s White Flag started my day today – a long time ago!