Tying up some loose ends for Sunday, in anticipation of a whole day tomorrow out and about with the lovely and gracious “Mrs. Just Charlie.” We’re heading north, probably to catch some various fall festivals, apple houses, etc., with one of our destinations being Amicalola Falls, one of our favorite places in the entire world.
So I’ve got a very eclectic mix on for my Friday night Unwind, most of them courtesy of either hearing them in Starbucks this week or picking them up via the “song of the day” iTunes promotion at Starbucks.
For example, the “freebies”…
- We Shall Not Be Moved by Mavis Staples
- One Day by KT Tunstall
- Moon by Emily King
- No One’s Gonna Love You by Band of Horses
- I Told You So by Keith Urban (not really a big Keith Urban fan, but free is free!)
- 90 Millas by Gloria Estefan
- Show Me by John Legend
And some inspired by the music in Starbucks and other places this week…
- Center by Charlie Hall
- Magnificent Obsession by Steven Curtis Chapman
- Some Enchanted Evening from South Pacific
- Hold On Tight by ELO (newest addition to my “at bat” playlist, inspired by the Honda Accord commercial)
- Tighten Up by The Bamboos (great instrumental cover of the old Archie Bell & the Drells classic!)
- Help Me by Joni Mitchell
- Keep On Growing by Sheryl Crow
- I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith (from the Armageddon soundtrack)
- Nessun dorma (from Turandot) by Luciano Pavarotti (inspired by that British phone salesman with the bad teeth in the YouTube video – so sue me, I wipe a little dust every time someone else forwards that video to me!)
- Follow You Down by The Gin Blossoms
- So Much to Say by Dave Matthews Band
And right at this very moment…
- When Love Comes to Town by U2 with B.B. King!!!!!!!!!!!