I like baseball, but the World Series should be over before Halloween. “The Boys of November” just doesn’t have the same ring as “The Boys of October.” Likewise, college football, as great as it is, should be done on New Year’s Day. And while we’re at it, why do basketball and hockey seem to last ten months or more?
Grateful this morning for…
- Apple products.
- Hamstrings and knees that seem to be getting better.
- Financial resources to meet our needs.
- Writing rhythm.
- Beautiful books.
- That one true sentence.
- Encouraging friends, online and in real life. (And who said online friends aren’t real life friends?)
- Coconut oil (don’t ask).
- Unexpected connections.
- TV weather people.
- Christmas music after Labor Day.
- Fiery red-gold crepe myrtle leaves.
- The Present.
- The texture – visual and tactile – of autumn leaves on the ground and the pavement.
- Autumn in general.