I went to bed earlier, but was really waiting on The Boy to let me know he made it back to Rome, Georgia, so I really didn’t go to sleep. Now I’m up again, and can’t get sleepy, so here goes a rare Sunday Night Unwind.
- Today was a hard day at our place. It was the last official day for our Student Minister. Stinkin’ finances got in the way. I told our people that my first thought about Mark was: “I really don’t have time to train an inexperienced youth guy!” Then God reminded me that somebody took a chance on another inexperienced kid about 28 years ago, and it worked out OK for me! Thanks, Mark and Alison, for some great years in ministry. Thanks for the lives you’ve influenced. Thanks for putting up with me. And thanks for being really good friends!
- I’m really put out by silly, petty people, who show their butts. I don’t know if they meant to show their butts or not, but the end result is the same…big ol’ ugly butts hangin’ out there. No class!
- Started re-reading Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire by Jim Cymbala and Encourage Me by Chuck Swindoll. I think I need what both of these men are saying right now.
- I’m also re-discovering some old new worship by Roger Hodges tonight. I don’t remember how I first found Roger, but I know it’s been a long time since I’ve listened to the three CDs I have. Good stuff!
- I’ve got a real restlessness in my spirit these days.
- I’m hungry for something new, fresh, and exciting.
- I don’t know how to be a friend to a friend who needs a friend right now, and that bugs me. A lot.
- I really sense that God is nudging me toward a reset of my priorities, a “back-to-basics” emphasis, if you will, in my life and ministry.
- There’s a lot of clutter in a lot of the areas of my life that needs be cleaned out.
- I don’t ever want it to be said of me that I am “impressively energetic regarding God”—but that I’m “doing everything exactly backward.”
- I finished an impromptu mini-series on personal renewal today. I needed it, whether or not anyone else did.
- I don’t know what’s next for my preaching/teaching. Gotta get that figured out, and quick!
Well, I guess I’ve unloaded enough melancholy for one night. Hope your day has been better, and hope you have a great week! Stay tuned!