Welcome to the first Sunday Night Unwind in a looooooooooonnnnnnnng time! For both of you dear readers out there who may have forgotten, the Sunday Night Unwind used to be a regular feature in this space. It was usually tapped or scribbled out after our evening services at church (when those were a thing!) and usually included random lists o’ links.
This Sunday evening, I’m thinking of things that are neat about my perfectly imperfect, extraordinary ordinary life. In no particular order…
- Turning 62. It’s not 39, but it’s not as bad as they’d have you to believe. Especially since a whole lot of folks don’t get to make it this far.
- The lovely and gracious MrsCharphar.
- The Boy and The Girl.
- And great-nephews.
- My best and favorite big brother.
- Homemade peanut butter.
- Good coffee.
- Darjeeling tea.
- C.S. Lewis.
- Pencils, pens, and good notebooks.
- New friends from strangers.
- Old friends who’ve stuck around.
- Christmas music after Labor Day. Irish Christmas music, even!
- October baseball that matters.
- Naps, planned and otherwise.
- The uncanny ability God has to forgive even though I have the uncanny bent toward justifying my own sin and failure.
- Clean cold water.
- King of Pops orange cream.
- Quiet afternoons.
- Real books.
- Birthday buddies, near and far, famous and not-so-much.
That’s only a smattering of October goodies for which I’m grateful on this first Sunday of my 62nd trip around the sun. Peace and to all a good night.