Got one of those “not-really-an-actual-album” compilation things going for tonight’s Unwind…a thrown-together selection of Christmas music by Alabama and Ronnie Milsap. Pretty good country Christmas stuff…especially Ronnie Milsap’s spectacular rendition of O Holy Night. And of course, there’s Joseph and Mary’s Boy, Santa Claus, I Still Believe in You, and the great classic (at least in my family!) Christmas in Dixie!
Some other thoughts that dropped out tonight…
- I pretty much stunk up the place with my message today. Just never seemed to click. I guess that’s what being tired will do for you!
- But then again, any Christmas message that includes references to J.I. Packer, T.S. Geisel, and M.H.Tormé can’t be all that bad, I suppose.
- “The Boy” (recently dubbed “Whiney Boy” by “Mr. Know-It-All”) is finally getting a little relief after his recent surgery. He had a pretty graphic description on the phone today, but let’s just say there’s tremendous power in poop and leave it at that!
- Cafetière à piston. Rôti français. Ooh la la, and pas mal, mon ami!
- The things one can’t help but notice when helping people get set up on weight machines at the YMCA…
- I love friends who challenge you and encourage you without even knowing it.
- Hey, how ’bout that Tebow kid for Heisman! I’m still a large Gator-hater and always will be, but it’s pretty cool to know that an historic Heisman Trophy winner is the brother of one of my best ministry friend’s daughter-in-law! (Yeah, yeah…six degrees and all that jazz!)
- Did I mention I stunk up the joint this morning?
- Did I mention our folks were gracious and forgiving?
- I love type! I’m not a great – or even good! – designer, but playing with fonts floats my boat!
- One of my strengths, according to the StrengthsFinder assessment is Input, meaning I collect things that may have real value in the future. I’ve come to the conclusion that the collecting is not nearly as big a deal as the retrieval. And I need to work on that. A lot!
- John Maxwell still pulls my chain after all these years!
- The fact of the Incarnation is staggering!