- I don’t really have what it takes to plan and run my own life. Because “my own life” is not really “my own life” anyway – it’s His great and gracious gift. I need His gentle – oh, so gentle! – correction and constant leadership every step of the way.
- I’m not working for my church, Uncle Sam, or anyone else! I’m working for The Boss. I’m responsible to do my work – whatever “my work” today may entail – for Him. He sets the agenda, He is responsible for my compensation, benefits, etc.
- I need to pray with my eyes open! I need to be watching out for opportunities, threats, difficulties, etc. and I need to be more grateful – a lot more grateful! – for all of God’s blessings.
- I need to be on the lookout for opportunities to touch the lives of those who are far from God. The keys for me: opportunity, responsibility, ability, clarity.
- The only tools I have for effective leadership are God’s call, my integrity, and my skills. I constantly need to remember the call, maintain my integrity, and develop my skills.
What are you hearing today?