I’m tired, but I can’t go to sleep…for the second night in a row!
Last night (this morning), I hit the sack around 12:15 a.m. I had just dozed off when the phone rang. It was the alarm company alerting me to an “incident” at our church. The conversation went something like this…
- Me: Hello?
- Alarm Guy: Rev. Pharis? This is North Fulton Alarm, we’re reporting an incident at Stonecrest Baptist Church on Arnold Mill Road. Should I dispatch the police?
- Me: Sure, and I’ll be over there in a few minutes.
- Alarm Guy: How long will it be before you get there?
- Me: Oh, 5 or 10 minutes, I suppose.
- Alarm Guy: Will it be 5 or will it be 10? I’ll report you’ll arrive in 7 minutes. What will you be driving so I can tell the officer?
- Me: A red 1999 F-150 pickup.
Of course, when Cherokee County’s Finest arrived, we scoped out the place and found nothing out of the ordinary. I piddled around a bit and came back home. Here’s where the sleepless night took a turn for the weird…
I got back in the bed, and had just gotten to sleep again, around 2:30 a.m. The phone rang again. And this is what ensued…
- Me: Hello?
- Caller: Rev. Pharis? This is the alarm company, reporting an incident at First Baptist Church of Chattahoochee.
- Me: Huh?!?!? What did you say? It’s been over four years since I was the pastor at Chattahoochee. I think you probably need to call somebody else!
Well, at that point, the sleep was gone, so I just got up. I paid for it all day today, and it looks like I’ll be up again tonight. Call me if you’re up and can’t sleep. Unless you’re employed by the alarm company from four years ago…then don’t bother…