Just a few things on my mind, on my heart, in my Moleskine, on my screen, and in my backyard…
- Apple blossoms on two trees! Cool! (Here’s hoping we’ll have our own home-grown apples in the fall!)
- Crepe myrtle leaves that literally just appeared! (The branches were bare yesterday when I started mowing the lawn. By the time I finished, they were covered with leaves!)
- Impatient prophets lose their edge when they are away from the front lines where the action is.
- Not much has changed since Jesus’ day. We still have split-personality critics who are never satisfied, no matter what you do. Make that childish split-personality critics.
- Sometimes the Psalmists must be “guest bloggers” here. Like yesterday. And today.
- I’ve taken more of an interest in American Idol this year, and Simon Cowell does get a bad rap. I can’t remember where I read it first (Google has not been my friend!), but someone rightly pointed out that even though Simon has a reputation for being mean, insensitive, or rude, or whatever, he really is just “telling it like it is.” (Henry Cloud defines integrity as the courage to face the demands of reality.) Did you ever notice what Simon does when one of the contestants really nails it? He lavishes on the praise!
- Love God. Love others. Prove it. The slogan from EPIC City Church has grabbed me this week. Thanks, Tally, for pointing to EPIC’s story.
- Gary Lamb kicked my butt yesterday. (But he’s buying my lunch tomorrow and letting me hang out with a bunch of cool guys, so I forgive him.) Uh-oh…he did it again today!
- Oswald Chambers in today’s My Utmost for His Highest: Just because I don’t understand what Jesus Christ says, I have no right to determine that He must be mistaken in what He says. And a little further down: Many of us are faithful to our ideas about Jesus Christ, but how many of us are faithful to Jesus Himself?