Just some Saturday randomness…
- I love finding new stuff! Call it serendipity. New songs, new books, new ideas, new friends…all make the start of a new day worthwhile!
- By all accounts, I should be a liberal. I like so many people who claim to be. I love hanging out with “creative” folks, who of course, by definition, have to be liberals. 🙂
- Except I’m rather fond of the ideas of liberty, freedom, order, and personal responsibility. Which seem to me to be the kinds of ideals creative folks ought to espouse. I’m just thinking out loud here…your mileage may vary.
- The difference between liberals and conservatives, at least as I see it, is that conservatives think liberals are wrong, not stupid.
- If I base whether or not to include people on my social media lists on what I think they’ll think about what I tweet or post, then maybe I shouldn’t include them. Or maybe I should rethink what I post or tweet.
- More and more, I think I may have blown it when I moved away from the city. I didn’t appreciate living in the city when I actually lived there. And once upon a time, when I had the chance to immerse myself in the city, I opted for the “safety” of the suburbs.
- On a related note, I’ve never been to the great cities of our country. I need to go to Washington, D.C. and New York City some time before I leave this planet for good.
- In case it’s a shocker to you, I’m 52 years old, and I’ve lived a pretty sheltered life. I’ve never been to Washington, D.C. or New York City or Boston. I’ve never seen the Pacific Ocean or the Grand Canyon. I’ve also never been on a cruise or traveled outside the United States.
- I’ve read a lot. And I just may the Barney Fife of my generation, knowing just enough about a lot of things to be dangerous. And completely useless. 🙂