Slee-py tonight! Been running all weekend…let’s keep this one brief, shall we?
- The soundtrack for tonight’s Unwind is a mixed bag, all courtesy of Pandora. Switching between Nightnoise, Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings, and, thanks to a suggestion from my buddy Gary Lamb, Piano Man (including the “title cut” live!)
- Speaking of Piano Man, Billy Joel’s The Stranger was the first album I bought at the pseudo-socialist, but very cheap co-op in Tallahassee, Florida when I was a freshman in college. Good stuff!
- I’ve also been digging some Harry Chapin this weekend, especially my favorites, “Mr. Tanner,”“WOLD,” and “30,000 Pounds of Bananas.”
- A little better crowd this morning. About a quarter of our attendees were guests! Cool!
- Any message that includes references to Randy Bohlender and Chris Elrod can’t be all bad, right?
- I got just a tad excited this morning as well. Enough of that!
- Oh, and we’re spending about $19,000. On freakin’ air conditioners! That stinks!
- The lovely and gracious “Mrs. Just Charlie” is back to school officially tomorrow. She’s already been almost every day this past week, but tomorrow she “has” to be there.
- Came thaaaaat close to going on up to NewSpring yesterday and blowing off the ‘Crest today. We were already in the huge metropolis of Commerce, Georgia, just down I-85 from Anderson. Decided against it. Did I mention that I wasn’t overly impressed with the outlet center in Commerce?
- Finishing up some reading – Mark – and writing a bit in my Moleskine.
That’s about it! 4:00 a.m. will be here before you know it! Off to bed pretty soon!