Here are some things I bet you pastor/preacher types out there weren’t aware of, until John Killinger said so, in a presentation today in Memphis…
- Doctrine is a “thing of the past.”
- Pastors are reluctant to preach from the Gospel of John, preferring instead to focus on the “human” side of Jesus found in Matthew, Mark, and Luke.
- We need to be “a little less certain” about who Jesus was and what he was all about.
- Jesus did not conceive of Himself as the Savior of the world and may not have viewed Himself a sacrifice at all until the crucifixion.
- Salvation is more about “self-fulfillment and love” than any pesky old doctrine.
- Daniel lied.
Guess we all need to be “re-evaluating” our stance in light of this “advanced” understanding of the gospel and its ramifications.