Just some stuff running through my head on game day today…
- The Number One Rule of College Football: Always, I mean always root against the team that wears orange. Quick – think of a college football team. Is there any hint of orange in their colors? They are worthless.
- Corollary 1a to The Number One Rule of College Football: The rule gets a little bent when both teams playing each other are wearing orange. Solution: Pray for a scoreless tie through regulation, then hope the field swallows up both teams just as overtime starts.
- Corollary 1b to The Number One Rule of College Football: The only real exception to the orange rule may be when the team in orange is playing a team coached by anyone named Spurrier. Tough call. See the solution in Corollary 1a. It applies here as well.
- I’m not a big fan of the University of Georgia. I’m not not a fan, it’s just that I’m not crazy about some of their fans. That being said, it is always a good thing for a team that fits The Number One Rule of College Football and whose fans make stupid shark-like motions while the band plays “Jaws” (even though the stupid mascot is a reptile, not a dangerous fish!) to get whipped in the world’s largest cocktail party!
- Although I’m not a big Georgia fan, I get to be more of a Mark Richt fan every week.
- My favorite college football coach at this moment is Joe Paterno.
- The SEC is – in my humble opinion – hands down, the best conference in college football.
- Likewise, the Pac-10, for all the hype, is not the best
- Strange, the most knowledgeable college football fan I know is a 70-something year-old woman at the YMCA. Who goes to every – yes, every Georgia game (home and away), and has for over 50 years!
- Also strange, hearing the Most Knowledgeable College Football Fan talking to one of the other 50-60-something year-old women at the YMCA. Who knows almost as much as The Most Knowledgeable College Football Fan.
- Happy Homecoming at Georgia Southern! Go Eagles!
- Whatever your team, this college football season is turning out to be one of the wildest ever!
Those are my thoughts on game day. Of course, your mileage may vary…