Once again, Hillsong on Pandora is providing the soundtrack for the almost-county-famous Sunday Night Unwind! Long, interesting day, in case you’re interested…
- I’ve been in a Hillsong mood the last couple of days. Somehow, I still think we need a chick worship leader!
- Speaking of worship, who’s doing music that’s (A) theologically rich, (B) singable, (C) and at least a little bit celebratory? I love some of the contemporary takes on classic hymns, but man! What’s with the emo/Debbie Downer mood? And how can you get older folks to sing along when the music is unsingable? Just a thought…
- Re: “older” folks…I started a new series this morning focusing on facing the challenges of growing older.
- I know, I know…it’s supposed to be all about reaching younger people. You do realize, don’t you, that even your 30-year-olds are older than someone? And they’re facing the getting older thing, too.
- For the record, I started fretting about the getting older thing at 30. Just sayin’…
- Anyway, I told the story of Caleb, and tried to challenge our folks to be a “different spirit” like Caleb was.
- What made him different? His undying optimism, his wholehearted devotion to God, his unrelenting quest for the next challenge, and his investment in the next generation. Not bad for an 85-year-old.
- And can you imagine Joshua and Caleb sitting and playing checkers at the Cracker Barrel? Well, that’s how I told it anyway! 🙂
- Even though the message was OK, I felt more drained than I have in a long time when it was over.
- God really challenged me through my own words today.
- Some NY writer said the Falcons beating the Giants in the NFL playoffs would reward the worst sports fans in America. Just in case you were wondering, it’s not the fans in Atlanta , it’s obviously the teams! For a team that’s supposedly so good, the Falcons sure are pretty bad! Two points? Really?
- Oh, well, it’s back to my normal “Who cares about pro football?” status now.
- Oh, and did you realize we were thaaaaaaaaaat close to not having to tolerate another NBA season? Too bad… 🙂
- Four folks showed up for our new Second Sunday prayer gathering at The Crest. We were in bonus territory, I guess!
Kitties are winding down – hopefully! Opportunity clock will sound promptly at 4:00 a.m. See you later! Good night!